Version: 2012 Version 2.04
Released: 21st February 2013
Download Update File
It is important that you have installed Version 2.00 of this software from the 2012 v2.00 CD before applying this web update.
- 'Not a valid integer' message corrected in "Assessment Notice Input"
- Incorporated an F5 address picklist into the first line of the following address fields
- Form I - Item P6
- Form P - Item 38
- Form T - Item 38
- Business Worksheet - Header Details
- Dividend & Interest Schedule - Header Details
- Franking Account Worksheet - Section A
- Family Trust Election Schedule - Items 5 & 8
- Interposed Entity Election Schedule - Items 6, 9, 11 & 12
- Enhanced the BAS XML Import process for the 'Total Sales' figure
- 2013 FBT return (Form EB) added (available on ELS gateway 1st April 2013)
- Added two new reports to the F11 reports list. Each report lists Interview - Lodged - Assessed dates and the total number of days between these dates
- Productivity Dates Report
- Productivity Dates Report - Form Listing
- Enhanced the warning where spouse income amounts are transferred using related ref at Item A6
- Activity Statement ELS Declaration layout adjusted to separate Part A header title and date range
- Corrected the calculation of the Flood Levy where the taxpayer has Exempt Foreign Income
- Prefill functionality for XML has been enhanced to correctly import apportioned amounts in all situations
- RPTCL Report functionality has been enhanced to include the processing of Self Managed Super Funds via the Client List Report, where the ATO bundles MS & F in the report
- PAYG Schedule previewing and printing now correctly shows 2012 in the header
Released November 2012 on CD only. Further details of changes are available on the Product CD
- Made minor Validation Error corrections - V2405, V2483, V331C
- Form I changes
- Corrected the calculation of the Low Income Tax Offset for minors with earned income
- Corrected the PAYG Instalment % rate where Item 13 Franked Distributions is reported
- Updated Items IT5 and IT6 automatic transfer of values from Item 13
- Made minor wording adjustments
- Removed the ETR section from the Short Form I declaration
- The Super Co-contributions Worksheet no longer doubles up the transferred value from Item 13 Franked Distributions
- Enhanced the Depreciation Worksheet to import assets from a CSV file
- Enhanced the F4 Calculator for the 2012-13 tax free component
- 2012.8 ELS Specification changes
- Updated V2526a, V2526b, V2526c, v2531a, v2531b, v2531c, V2607 (International dealings schedule)
- Added warning to Form F: "Code 'F - Forex gains' not applicable to 'Other income' codes"
- Added Warning to Form F: "Code 'F - Foreign exchange losses' not applicable to 'Other deductions' codes"
- Transferrs between returns
- Resolved the "Incompatible schedule" error
- The Target Client now defaults to the selected client's Related Reference code entered in the "Clients Detail" window
- Updated the Taxpayer Declarations prefills in the following schedules - PSI, Capital Allowances, Capital Gains Tax, Consolidated groups, Losses, R&D, Super Lump Sum, International Dealings, ETP
- The Tax Agent details no longer prefill the taxpayer's contact details
- When the taxpayer's contact details are input, the Tax Agent contact details are no longer overwritten in the Main Form and schedules
- International Dealings Schedule, Item 4, Specified country, labels B,H and N - specified country codes removed by the ATO: 'CUW' - Curacao and 'SXM' - Saint Martin (Dutch part)
- Form MS (Self-Managed Superfund) Amount due or refundable now updates the Estimate field in the "Client's Tax Form Details" window
- The Individual Offsets Worksheet now previews and prints correctly
- Updating the return lodgment status via validation reports now works where the "/" character is used in the name
- Indexation has been activated in the CGT Worksheet
- Added a 'Rounding' value to the Capital gains - Summary Listing report to ensure the Net Cap Gain total agrees with the CGT Schedule
- Merge files from disk now allows zipped files to be merged when the Use Zipped file check box is selected
- When using Copy tagged clients to disk and selecting the Remove ATO identifiers check box, TFNs and names are replaced with "REMOVED" in the following additional items and sections
- Form P & T - Item 8, 65
- Form I - Item 13, T13
- Form MS - Section F / Section G: Member Information
- Enhanced reports - Lodgment Program Statistics and BAS-IAS Lodgment Statistics
- Added a Date field
- Updated Prior Year Statistics
- Added Pre-fill Report 2012 functionality
- CSV files can be imported into HandiTax
- The file path is specified via Options / Tax Form Options / Prefill report path
- Content and layout changes per ATO Pre-filling Report 2012 specification
- Updated forms
- Form I - Updated V1965, V1966B and V1972
- Form T - Updated V2463
- Form TD (Trust Details) - Updated declaration
- Updated F4 Calculator with 2012-13 proposed Medicare rates
- Corrected automatic transfers where the client is marked private in security
An issue has been identified whereby the T8 Zone Offset calculation in the Individual offset worksheet may have determined a higher offset value than claimable.
You should review all completed returns with a zone offset which have a dependent spouse offset claim and include a dependent child/student.
For further information please refer here
- Individual offsets worksheet updated for T8 Zone Offset where dependent spouse offset claimed with dependent child/student.
- Form T Item 64 Income from trust estate, now printing on worksheet copy when completed.
- F1 Help updated for
- Self Managed Superfund
- R&D schedule
- International dealings schedule
- Consolidated group losses schedule
- Consolidated group formation notification schedule
- Female SATO/Veterans DOB calculation corrected.
- Flood Levy calculation corrected where capital gains exist.
- Transfer of item/schedules between returns updated to resolve error message.
- Form C now automatically calculates T1 - Tax on taxable income in the Calculation statement.
- International dealings schedule - Item 24 now states correctly "Go to question 27" as per ATO spec change.
- V2523a, V2524 & V2529 - International dealings schedule - corrected.
- CGT Worksheet field widths adjusted so #### do not appear in the report.
- Calculation of Low Income Tax Offset for minors with unearned income corrected.
- PAYG Uplift factor corrected - 6%.
- Individual Offset Worksheet updated for T8 Zone Offset to include unused dependant spouse offset.
- Form F Item 11M rollover updated.
- Managed Funds data entry has been added (Form I).
- Distributions received from Partnerships/Trusts updated (Form I Item 13, Forms P & T Item 8)
- Transferring Partnership values into Form I corrected.
- Additional error added when Partnership/Trust entity code not entered.
- Additional warning added when duplicate TFN's entered.
- Form P Item 65 warning added when duplicate TFN used.
Released June 2012 on CD only. Further details of changes are available on the Product CD